The Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program is designed to meet to meet the developmental needs of all of our middle school students. Its purpose is to assist students in becoming successful, responsible citizens. Our program is designed to enhance students’ academic achievement, personal/social development, and career awareness. It is delivered through individual counseling, small group counseling, classroom guidance, consultation, and coordination. A student may visit the counselor as part of a self, teacher, parent or administrative referral.
What does a counselor do?
- Helps students when they have schedule questions, problems or changes
- Helps students to work out problems with school, with friends, and with personal matters.
- Makes classroom presentations about things like bullying, staying healthy, and making good choices
- Works with students to help them get organized so that they can get better grades and be the best that they can be!
- Facilitates support groups for students
- Provides intervention in times of crisis
- Serves as a liaison between students, teachers and parents
- Assists in developing master schedule
- Coordinates all MEAP testing
A Counselor is someone you can talk to
A new feature of our website is our University Bound site. This site contains information for students and parents about career planning and college preparation. University Bound contains information for all students, even students who may not be planning on attending college. Click on the University Bound button below to explore this new resource for our district.
MISSION STATEMENTThe mission of the Grosse Ile Counseling Staff is to actively promote excellence in professional school counseling by helping to guide our students through personal, educational and career planning.
If you don’t like something, change it
If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain!