Athletic Training at Grosse Ile High and Middle School
The Grosse Ile Township Schools contracts all of its athletic training services through Beaumont/Oakwood Hospital.
The athletic trainer that is assigned to our district is Mr. Jacob Stephens. You can contact Jake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jacob is on duty starting in August when practices begin for the fall season until the conclusion of the spring sports season in June. The training room is open Monday-Friday from 2:15 until the conclusion of the last practice or game. This schedule is modified during school holidays and vacations.
Jacob’s job responsibilities include:
• Prevention of injury: checking for safe playing environment, proper equipment fitting, proper training and conditioning.
• Recognize, evaluate and give immediate care of injuries.
• Rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletes by using: weights, bike, treadmill, active strengthening exercises and proper stretching techniques.
• Health care administration: injury documentation and communication between athletes, coaches, parents and athletic director, pre-participation physical exam paper work, and offer referrals for moderate to severe injuries.
• MHSAA Concussion Program
• MHSAA Wrestling Weight Monitoring Program
Beaumont athletic trainers are board certified by the NATABOC and are an integral member of the athletic team; whether in a preventative role, being first on the scene to manage an injury, following surgery to return an athlete to his/her sport as quickly and safely as possible, or the day-to-day practice coverage---you have probably seen our athletic trainer in action. The Beaumont outreach program provides access to an allied health professional recognized by the American Medical Association in eight high schools and one community college for daily practice and game coverage.
Grosse Ile High School is one of the schools chosen from throughout Michigan to participate in a compenent of he MHSAA Concussion Care Program. Pilot schools participate in a comprehensive., digitally delivered program that includes pre-season education, baseline testing, symptom tracking, automatice reminders, and other communications for athletes, parents, school administration, and authorized medical personnel.
For more information and FAQs, visit http://www.xlntbrain.com/faq/