To be deemed eligible for athletic participation during the season of a sport, the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) requires that student athletes earn and pass at least 20 credit hours during the previous semester. Grosse Ile Township Schools is a member of MHSAA and abides by this eligibility standard.
Additionally, Grosse Ile Township Schools has further requirements for weekly academic eligibility, please see the Athletic Handbook for additional requirements.
Requirements for Participation
Each student athlete is required to have a physical examination record (sports physical which includes parent permission) on file in the Athletic office before the student may condition, tryout or practice. This requirement is for the protection of the student.
Paperless in 2022-2023:
The athletic department has activated a new online registration program for the collection of required health and consent documents for the state and district. It is mandatory this year that all students participating in a sport at the high school or middle school be registered. Please register yourself and your student as soon as possible:
1. Click on the following link: www.planeths.com. Create a parent and/or student account. (MS parents should choose GIHS as their school)
2. Add emergency contact information.
3. Link parent account with student account.
4. Click on Athletic Forms button to complete and sign required forms digitally.
5. Select the sport(s) you wish to participate in.
6. Upload current physical (dated after 4/15/22). If you do not have the ability to upload the physical, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If using your family physician for your student's physical, please note that in compliance with the MHSAA Student Regulation 1. SEC.3, any physical examination signed by an MD/DO and dated on or after April 15, 2022 will be honored for the coming year's athletic activities.
Due to the reduction in District Budgets, it has become necessary to charge an activity fee of $175 for High School athletes and $100 for Middle School athletes, per sport, for those students wishing to participate in athletics. This fee allows us to maintain the scope of programs we provide, allowing students to have a wide variety of opportunities in activities beyond the school day. Other costs may be incurred by the players such as entry fees, apparel, shoes, equipment, some transportation, etc.. Payment of the fee is required for participation.