The facilities of this District are available for community purposes, provided that such use does not infringe on the original and necessary purpose of the property or interfere with the educational program of the schools and is harmonious with the purposes of this District.
Facility Use Procedure
The Board will permit the use of school facilities when such permission has been requested in writing by a responsible organization or a group of citizens and has been approved by the Superintendent.
If you are interested in using any of the school district facilities please follow the Facility Use Process described below:
- Download the Facility Use Forms here (or you may pick up the forms in person at the 23276 East River Administration Building at the Reception Desk).
- Use of the HS Auditorium requires an additional form - attached above (or you may pick up the form in person at the 23276 East River Administration Building at the Reception Desk).
- You may email, drop off or mail the completed Use of School Facilities Form, Hold Harmless Agreement, and if applicable, the H.S. Auditorium form, [all forms attached above], along with the Proof of liability Insurance listing Grosse Ile Township Schools named as an additional insured, to the East River Administration Building, 23276 East River, c/o Courtney Lehmann, Business Office.
- The Business Office will verify that all the necessary forms have been submitted, approve the application, and provide you with an estimate of any facility usage fees, if applicable.
- If after receiving a copy of the approved application and any applicable fees you decide to go forward with the request, you must contact the Business Office Receptionist, Courtney Lehmann at (734) 362-2555, regarding your intention and we will schedule usage of the facility.
- The Business Office will invoice you for any facility usage fees.
District facilities shall be available for the below-listed uses. When there are competing interests for the use of facilities, approval will be given according to the following priorities:
- uses directly related to the schools and the operations of the schools
- uses and groups indirectly related to the schools
- meetings of employee associations
- uses for voter registration and elections
- departments or agencies of government
- community organizations or groups of individuals formed for charitable, civic, social, religious, recreational, and educational purposes
- commercial or profit-making organizations or individuals offering services for profit
The use of District grounds and facilities shall not be granted for any purpose which is prohibited by law.