School district facilities are open to the general public for facility rental or usage. Covid protocols must be adhered to by organization. The COVID protocols can be viewed here:
The facilities of this District are available for community purposes, provided that such use does not infringe on the original and necessary purpose of the property or interfere with the educational program of the schools and is harmonious with the purposes of this District.
Facility Use Procedures
The Board will permit the use of school facilities when such permission has been requested in writing by a responsible organization or a group of citizens and has been approved by the Superintendent and/or Building Administrator.
If you are interested in using any of the school district facilities please follow the Facility Use Process described below:
- Download and complete the applicable forms below (forms are also available at the Administration Building, 23276 East River Rd.)
- External Organization Facility Use Forms
- District Staff Internal Facility Use Forms
- NOTE: Use of the HS Auditorium requires an additional form be completed. The HS Auditorium Request Form is attached to the Facility Use Forms
- Also, please note, for External Organizations, if the HS Auditorium is requested, a Stage Manager fee will be assessed.
- You may email, drop off or mail the completed Facility Use Forms, Hold Harmless Agreement, and if applicable, the H.S. Auditorium form, [all forms attached above], along with the Proof of liability Insurance listing/naming Grosse Ile Township Schools as an additional insured, to the East River Administration Building, 23276 East River, c/o Ashley Prevo, Business Office.
- The Business Office will verify that all the necessary forms have been submitted, approve the application, and provide you with an estimate of any facility usage fees, if applicable.
- If after receiving a copy of the approved application and any applicable fees you decide to go forward with the request, you must contact the Business Office Receptionist, Ashley Prevo at (734) 362-2555, regarding your intention and we will schedule usage of the facility.
- The Business Office will invoice you for any facility usage fees after the event(s) have taken place.
District facilities shall be available for the below-listed uses. When there are competing interests for the use of facilities, approval will be given according to the following priorities:
- uses directly related to the schools and the operations of the schools
- uses and groups indirectly related to the schools
- meetings of employee associations
- uses for voter registration and elections
- departments or agencies of government
- community organizations or groups of individuals formed for charitable, civic, social, religious, recreational, and educational purposes
- commercial or profit-making organizations or individuals offering services for profit
The use of District grounds and facilities shall not be granted for any purpose which is prohibited by law.